300g Chicken breast/pieces
2 tsp of Chinese Five Spice
3 whole Star Anise
1/2 cup of water
3 tbsp of cooking oil
400g of cubed pineapple
3 cloves of minced garlic
Salt and sugar to taste
Chili flakes or Parsley for garnishing
- Rub the chicken meat with 1 tbsp of cooking oil and marinate with 2 tsp of Chinese Five Spice, add salt to taste.
- Heat up a frying pan with 2 tbsp of cooking oil and pan fry the chicken breast until light brown.
- Add in minced garlic, cubed pineapple and star anise, saute 3 minutes.
- Add in 1/2 cup of water and cook until the meat and pineapple are tender. Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Garnish with chili flakes or parsley, serve with white rice.